Full and Part time staff for Airport Operations/Fire Firefighter
Based at Dublin Weston Airport for ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the rescue and fire fighting facilities and for undertaking general airport operation duties. Airport Operations / Fire Fighters will have a duty of care to comply with all areas of legislation.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES OF POST
Rescue & Fire Fighting Service Duties
1. Crew and operate fire and emergency vehicles, appliances and all equipment associated with the efficient operation of the Rescue and Fire Fighting Service
2. Carry out fire and rescue work as required and participate in regular fire and mandatory training exercises in accordance with the IAA and EASA Safety Standards.
3. Carry out testing and maintenance of fire vehicles.
4. Carry out regular fire prevention checks.
5. Render First Aid as required and complete appropriate paper work as laid down in the Airport Operations Manual.
6. Be readily available and meet response times throughout the full range of operational responsibilities.
7. Station cleaning duties including appliances and equipment.
AIRPORT OPERATIONS DUTIES
1. Carry out general maintenance, including airfield grass cutting, sweeping.
2. Bird Hazard Duties in accordance with all Airfield Operating Procedures.
3. Carry out marshalling duties and general handling and fuelling of aircraft.
4. Cleaning duties including equipment, and all areas under Airport Operations.
5. Carry out all Airfield Operating Instructions issued in respect to tasks required including training on Airfield Operation Instructions, signature, record keeping and compliance.
Necessary skills and requirements:
- Have previous experience with the Fire Service an advantage
- Have Breathing Apparatus Certificate.
- Have previous experience with First Aid / Order of Malta an advantage.
- An understanding of the Aviation Industry an advantage.
- Previous ramp duty an advantage.
- Be able to work on own initiative as well as working as part of a team.
- Be computer literate.
Apply with CV to: email@example.com
Graduates / 3rd Year Students required in the following:
- Mechanical / Aviation Engineering
- Engineering / Building Graduates
- Marketing / Business Graduates
- Quantity Surveyor Graduates
Successful candidate will have:
- Experience in Construction Industry an advantage
- An interest in the Aviation Sector desirable, but not essential
- CAD experience an advantage for engineering position
- Computer skills to include Work, Excel, Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Have experience in Website upgrading / Social Media
- Candidate must be dynamic, forward thinking, with good organisational skills
- Have the ability to work on own initiative as well as working with teams, suppliers and clients
- Previous experience with First Aid, Order of Malta an advantage
- Full Driver Licence required